Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Parents Are Saying...

Just wanted to share this with you as I thought it was a great example of how Camp Edmo has created some great friendships! My son went through all 3 weeks of camp in Alameda. He loved, loved, loved it!!! The next 5 weeks are at the Harbor Bay Club, a local sports club in Alameda. When he first arrived, one boy called his name and his eyes just lit up! He ran over to this other boy and hugged him! I asked him who the boy was. While he couldn't remember his name, he told me that he met him at Camp Edmo. But they proceeded to play with one another, both very excited to see each other.

Today is my son's 5th day of camp at HBC and he happened to be wearing his Camp Edmo T-Shirt. After I dropped him off and signed him in, I noticed that there were three of them sitting with each other and playing. I said, "Hey, how do you all know each other?" They said (and quite proudly!) "We all went to Camp Edmo!" as my son pointed to his T-Shirt.

I thought it was a great example of how Camp Edmo has built these friendships over the summer. The Camp Edmo alumn are hanging out with one another! I intend to get the phone numbers of these kids so that my son can continue the friendships.

I just wanted to share this with you because beyond just the activities of Camp Edmo, I think your camp has had a lasting effect through the friendships forged that I believe my guy will remember for a lifetime!

Thanks again!