Thursday, June 28, 2007

Alameda Chimes In

We LOVE to hear what your kids are saying about camp, and what you're thinking, too! Here's a note we received from an Alameda mom just the other day:

Well, my son came home and told me that he wants to go to camp every day (except Saturday and Sunday)! I told him that that could be arranged :^). So I would say he is enjoying himself! He really seemed to be very happy about it - from beginning to end (drop off was easy and pick up, I had to drag him out of there!). He loved everything - from the activities to the lunch--he said he loved the turkey sandwich and the yogurt.

I think what would help me is just a little itinerary of what they do during the day. I would just like to know what their schedule is like in the day.

Thanks so much and we really appreciate this camp - again, my son is really enjoying himself!


Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Also, you asked a great question. Here's a sample schedule of a typical day:

8:50-9:00 Drop Off
9:00-9:20 Morning Circle (songs, games, skits)
9:20-10:30 Hands-on Science Projects (Super Spy, Weird Science or Wet & Wild Wonders)
10:30-10:40 Snack
10:40-11:50 Recreation (Games and Team Building Activities)
11:50-12:25 Yummy Yummy Kid Chow Lunch
12:25-1:35 Awesome Art (Architecture Art, Fantastic Voyage or Forces of Nature)
1:35-2:45 Team Time (Groups play games and do art projects with their counselors)
2:45-3:00 Afternoon Circle/Closing (songs, games, skits, announcements)
3:00 Pick Up -- Don't forget to ask your kids about their Give Me More Sheets with explanations of what they did that day and information about next day's camp.