Tuesday, June 19, 2007

San Anselmo is Super Psyched!!


Summer is gearing up to be an awesome time in San Anselmo! Camp Director Katie Wade is back this year after working as the Science Instructor last year. She has an awesome team with her this year that can't wait to get those kids outside learning about science, art, and playing all kinds of games.

Katie is thrilled to be back in San Anselmo as Camp Director this year. Last summer she was the science instructor at Camp Edventure More and has been waiting all year for camp to start. After camp she will stay in Marin and teach science at Redwood High in Larkspur. She loves working with kids and has spent the past eight years tutoring, coaching, and teaching children of all ages. In her spare time Katie likes to be active, competing in races, backpacking, participating in recreational sports, and playing with her yellow lab Roxie. Katie recently had the opportunity to travel abroad for the first time visiting Spain, Portugal, and France, and has already started to plan her next trip which will be to Ireland.

"I am very excited to have the opportunity to be a part of Camp Edventure More for a second year. Last summer was a truly rewarding and memorable experience. This summer I'm looking forward to seeing both new and returning faces at camp and I can’t wait to show the kids the neat science experiments, art projects, and recreational games we have planned for them. It's going to be an awesome summer!"

Here's what the rest of the staff has to say:

"I am thrilled to have the chance to work at camp this year. We have a very exciting curriculum planed. The kids are going to become very knowledgeable scientists through a variety of hands on learning methods. This will be my first summer with Camp Edventure More but I plan on making it a memorable one. I am very eager to meet all the campers and experience learning together."--Jenny, Science Instructor

“I look forward to any chance to combine art and working with kids. I believe all kids should have as many opportunities as possible to make, see, and interact with art and ideas. Creating art has the potential to let us all, kids and adults alike, see the world in different and varied ways that can be great fun. I can’t wait to get started with a summer of art making.”--Zach, Art Instructor

“I really enjoy working with people of all ages and all ability levels. I believe that everyone has something special to offer a team and, it’s not a team without everyone contributing that one unique quality to finish the group dynamic. I’m very enthusiastic to share my love for team and recreational activities with Camp Edventure More! I can’t wait for camp to start!”--Katya, Rec Instructor

“I believe the combination of fun and learning is one of the most commendable and amazing parts of Camp Edventure More. Every day at camp we learn something new, not only about the world but also about ourselves. Each day is an adventure and I can’t wait to get started!”--Cate, Lead Counselor

“I can’t wait to spend a summer outside playing with kids; I think it’s great that I have the opportunity to be a role model and shape their camp memories.”--Skye, Lead Counselor

“This is my second summer as a counselor at Camp Edventure More, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to return. I’m looking forward to becoming acquainted with all the new campers and re-acquainted with the returnees. This summer will be jam-packed with more songs, more great games and projects and a whole lot of silliness. I can’t wait!”--Sasha, Lead Counselor

"I'm thrilled about Camp Edventure More!'s mixture of learning and adventure, and can't wait to be a part of it myself. I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to inspire this great group of kids and get them excited about learning! It's going to be an amazing summer."--Zach, Lead Counselor

“I am extremely excited for the opportunity to be a camp counselor this summer. As a child, I looked forward to summer camp all year long because of the counselors I had, the friends I made, and the memories that stuck. I am excited to share my love for discovery and experimentation with younger students.”--Emily, Lead Counselor