Erin Lyons has joined Camp Edventure More as the camp director in Mill Valley!! Erin has tons of energy and excitement and has enjoyed not only learning about EdMo, but also getting to know her awesome staff and her fellow camp directors. She can't wait for camp to start next week and looks forward to metting all the campers and their families!!Erin hails from Detroit Michigan and just recently moved here from New York City to pursue a creative career and is thrilled to have found Camp Edventure More! Erin received her degree in Business from Wayne State University in Detroit, MI, while also staying creatively focused with a minor in Fashion Design and Art History. Erin previously volunteered at Peace Camp for children that focused on education of multiple cultures through crafts, cuisine, dance, and song. In her personal time she loves to cook, travel, dance, and spend long afternoons in the park with her friends and puppy.
“I am so very excited to be the new Camp Director of Mill Valley EdMo! I cannot wait to share my ideas, songs and energy with every camper and staffer. GO EdMo!!! Lets have a wonderfully fun and creative summer showing each other how WE EdMo!!!
What Other Mill Valley Staff is Saying:
“Being a part of kids' laughter is one of the most rewarding opportunities I have ever known, and I look forward to giving the Edventure More kids all of my energy this summer!” --Amanda, Art Instructor
“ I am very excited about this summers recreation activities and very much look forward to seeing new faces as well as familiar ones. I want to make a difference this summer with each and every kid!”--Michael, Rec Instructor
"There are many people in the world who think that science has no imagination. The truth is, science is the study of the unknown. It must be imagined without reference. Every good scientist must learn how to think like a kid again. Kids ask all the right questions and are relentless in their pursuit of answers. Most importantly, they do not limit themselves to answers that can exist. I look forward to inspiring curiosity in young minds and providing an environment where it's ok to ask questions and learning is fun!"--Jamie, Science Instructor
"Summer is the most magical time of year for children: the sun seems to smile down on everyone, school is out, and friends are there to be played with. I am so excited to work as a camp counselor this summer, sharing my love of science and art and the outdoors with children at Edventure More!”--Jamie, Lead Counselor
“Many of my great childhood memories are from summer camp, and I am excited to help the campers create great ones as well. I can't wait to help the campers learn about the world, and in turn, learn from them!"--Kyle, Lead Counselor
“I have never looked forward to an opportunity as much as I have for being a counselor at Camp Edventure More! I cannot wait to develop relationships with kids and watch them learn and grow all summer!”--Nick, Lead Counselor
“I have always loved art and the all things that are creative and gets kids to think out of the box. I believe that without art and the willingness to see new perspectives, we cannot properly communicate our feelings and our knowledge to others. I'm excited for what path lies before me!”--Carmela, Lead Counselor
“Before I found Camp EdMo, all I had to look forward to this summer was the last Harry Potter book. I feel so lucky to be able to spend this summer like a kid again! I know I’m going to learn a lot from both the campers and the staff.”--Callie, Lead Counselor