Monday, June 18, 2007

First Day of Camp Is Here in San Francisco!!!

Welcome to Camp, San Francisco Families!!
Just in case you didn't check out our bios before camp, we wanted to let you know a bit more about who we are and why we're SO excited to be working with your kids this summer at Camp Edventure More! Feel free to talk to us anytime, we look forward to meeting each and every one of you!!
Melanie Mitchell, Camp Director
Melanie Mitchell graduated from Arizona State University with her BFA in Modern Dance and Choreography with a concentration in technology and education. During her time at ASU Melanie worked closely with Dr. Mila Parrish, a nationally recognized dance educator and professor, developing curricula and resources for the future of dance education. This experience along with Melanie’s Montessori-infused love of learning has fueled her passion for teaching the arts and developing integrated arts curriculum for classroom teachers. Her enthusiasm for summer enrichment programs has rejuvenated and challenged her as she directed for iD Tech Camps the past two summers. Melanie hopes to bring her certified madcap camp expertise and very serious dedication to education to each and every camper at Camp Edventure More! “I am thrilled to be directing summer camp for the third year in a row! I can’t wait to share my insights and zany games with the staff and campers of Edventure More in San Francisco. I feel so blessed that I get to do what I love and as a result inspire people by that excitement and glow. I know that the environment we provide at camp this summer will promote new friendships, new ideas and new confidence levels in each and every camper – Let’s have an awesome summer!”

Megan Brown, Assistant Camp Director
Megan was born and raised in Westfield, NJ. She went to college at Loyola College in Baltimore, Maryland where she majored in Elementary Education and minored in Special Education. After graduation, she taught a multi-age class at a charter school in Rhode Island that was based on environmental sustainability and social responsibility. After a challenging and rewarding first year of teaching, she traveled across the country last summer and moved to San Francisco. Currently, Megan is teaching at the Hilldale School in Daly City, where her students are at least one year above grade level. She enjoys reading, playing with her puppy, Nelson, helping her students succeed and become well rounded individuals, and swimming. Megan is looking forward to making the summer an exciting, as well as educational experience for her staff and campers! You’re sure to spot Megan anywhere, as her passion for the color orange follows her wherever she goes! "I am looking forward to being a part of the San Francisco team! Throughout my life, camp has provided me with so many extracurricular experiences that I would not have been able to have in the classroom. I am ecstatic to have been given the opportunity to share my knowledge and create similar experiences for your children. Let's have an awesome summer, and if there's anything you need or have any concerns, I aim to make myself easy to find!"